Paisley

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Root Canal

A part of my area where we teach quite a few people.

Notice the bamboo power lines!

I broke a member's couch because I am too heavy!
Arvin is a ward member. Sampaguita is in the background.
My lovely family :) Kumusta na kayo diyan? Things here are going really well. This week was pretty good too. So Thursday I went in to the dentist for the root canal. At first the numbing medicine she gave me was weak haha so she gave me more and more until it went away. The member/dentists clinic was nicer than I expected. She has a nice adjustable chair and a tv and sanitizing equipment. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected. I have to go back tomorrow to get a permanent filling so it will be good. The pain is gone so I am excited! Also one of the elders in my house, Elder Dadbe from Philippines is going home tomorrow so it has been weird helping him pack and he keeps telling us he will miss his mission. I feel bad for the Filipinos that come on missions and go home because even though we don’t have that much money every month compared to normal life, we are still rich compared to people here. But anyway this week we had a couple going away parties for him, one that the ward put on and another was done just by a member family that he was close with. Also more big news is that Elder Williamson will be transferring this Friday so I will get a new companion on Friday so there will be two new guys in our house this week. I liked him a lot so it will be fun to see what I get Friday haha :) I am stoked to hear about Dallen’s mission call. I bet that mission will be similar to Taylor and I's! What is going on with that newsletter thing you wanted me to write to mom? I also can’t believe that Dallen will leave so soon! Barely over a month. I have a firm belief that when we get our calls. It is at an inspired time. At first I didn’t want to wait for three months but when I got to the MTC and the field I realized that I needed that and that I was with the people needed to be with. I would love to hear from him if he will e-mail me. I will write him through letter and it will probably just go to the MTC through pouch mail. This Sunday was fairly lousy. We had zero investigators at church which has only happened a couple times in my mission. It is way frustrating when you get promised by 5-10 people that they'll go to church and not one of them comes! This week we also tracted a lot and had a rough week. We went to a richer area in New Washington and everyone has gates and stuff and we actually talked to quite a few people but nobody would let us teach them. We do have some pretty good investigators though so I still have lots of hope! Wow I am proud of Britt for doing the track meet and making it to state! How is San Diego? I have met a few people here who have relatives there so look for Filipinos haha! Tell them "kumusta daw kayong lahat?" :) I am jealous that you got to go to Beaver. That is one thing I took for granted. Cheese! Here there is no cheese other than nacho style liquid stuff. It stinks haha but later today since Elder Williamson is leaving we are going to this hometown pizza place that is really good and the pizza is somewhat similar to America! That is awesome to hear about all the missionaries. I know almost all of them and am way excited for them to get out in the field. They will have challenges but they will love it. I hope all is well. This week is Macy’s birthday and also Father’s Day on Sunday so happy, happy birthday to Mace. 23! "bata ka pa lang" which means you are still just a baby :) And Dad, go grab a good steak or something for me this week for Father’s Day, you deserve it! I love you all Your son, Elder Garrett Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment