Monday, February 14, 2011
02/14/11 - I just understand gospel stuff...
Hey Everyone. Things this week went really well. I am learning the language so much better. Like it is finally clicking so I am happy. I teach like maybe 25-35% of the lessons now so it has been fun to actually be involved. This Saturday we have three baptisms so that is cool – the mom and 14 year old daughter of the Base family. The Base family feeds us like every night haha they are so awesome. Other than that, it is a nine year old in a member family (kinda lame cuz the dad should have baptized him over a year ago haha), but I still don’t understand much converstional language. I just understand gospel stuff and a little conversation.
We got a new roommate this week named Elder Jenkins from Ogden. He played football at Fremont so he knows Coach Monkres. He’s the same age as me. He has been here only a few more months than I have though.
So to answer your cooking question, mostly we just cook for ourselves. Like I cook a ton of omelets and egg things cuz they are cheap and good. I also eat tons of rice and spaghetti. I also eat lots of PB and J sandwiches and ham sandwiches. I try to eat just simple, fairly healthy things.
A barangay is just a small neighborhood. Here in Sibalom we have 77 of them haha tons. It’s Similar to saying "The ledges" or "Kayenta" just a small neighborhood where everyone knows everyone. I got some letters today but I haven’t had time to open them yet. I got something that said don’t open until Valentines but I haven’t opened it yet sorry. But thanks for all your support and letters. Everyone has been awesome and it is good to hear from everyone back home, cousins and everyone! I am really excited to see the "Dixie Elder" it will be cool to hear from others in my shoes haha.
I am definitely adjusting and becoming more in tune with it here haha, it took a while but oh well. I am way excited for Matt Mitchell he will love that call. In the states but new language too, the best of both worlds haha jk I have learned lots here I never would have if I hadn't been assigned foreign. Elder Gunnell is in Iloilo somewhere. Anyway, things are good.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kim....we love reading Garrett's letters and look forward to them every week! Thanks for taking the time to share them with the rest of us! I love you!
ReplyDelete